HAPPY NEW YEAR, DEAR READERS!
Every January, I like to make a little list of what I see as measurable goals. I used to try and set the usual “resolutions”, but I quickly found that I was 1) making them for the sake of making them, and 2) never ever sticking to them.
I uploaded a list of goals I was hoping to achieve while I was 21 back in 2017, and found that I was pushing myself to try and get them done as I’d put it out in the public – so I figured, why not do it again with my goals for 2020? And hey, why not think of 20 in celebration of the year? (did you get that? Did you!?)
Obviously, some of these range in likelihood and effort. Funnily enough, I’d say I’m more likely to attend a music festival than I am to read ten books. Ten books probably sounds ridiculously achievable to some, but I just never make the time to sit down with a novel any more – so this post is here to make sure that I have to check back in a years’ time and report on how I got on with goals like that one.
Anyway, without further ado – here’s my 20 goals for the year of 2020:
- Attend a concert
- Redesign the blog
- Read at least 10 books (I didn’t even make it through two in 2019…)
- Travel abroad
- Meal prep at least once a month
- Write and post at least 50 blog posts
- Take up gardening
- Get more active on IG and upload at least once a week
- Start back at the gym – what’s a New Year without that on your list!?
- Watch at least five documentaries
- Get out of my student overdraft
- Reach 6,000 Twitter followers
- Buy less plastic
- Take up a (yet-to-be-decided) 30 day challenge
- Visit somewhere new
- Get to a music festival
- Learn a new skill
- Take more leisurely walks (running for the train does not count)
- Become more generous and donate more often
- Drink more water – and chart my sugary drink intake to make sure I cut down!
Have you set goals or resolutions for yourself in 2020? Or will you be trying any of these goals with me? Let me know below!
Pingback: What I want from 2020 – Smelly Socks and Garden Peas on January 1, 2020