Hello my luvvaaaas!
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the fab Billi from Billi Loves Beauty – thank you m’love! It means so much to get tagged for these things, it’s so lovely to even get noticed by others let alone have someone think that your blog is worthy of being considered “creative, positive or inspiring”!
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
1. What do you do when you need inspiration?
So simple, but I go for a shower! Showers could solve worldwide issues, I swear. If I need to find inspiration, make a big decision, consider a situation – stand in the shower. I wish I had a much cooler go-to but yeah…
2. If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you do?
Gaaah that’s a hard one! There’s way too many people I’d love to meet, but I never got to meet my grandfather on my mum’s side and that’s something I wish I’d had the opportunity to do. I’d just talk to him! He studied subjects involving business too, so we’d have something to chat about!
3. What 5 things can you not live without?
I’m going to be mostly materialistic with this one, because it’s easier to explain reasons!
My phone, because I’m sad and very rarely without it. My Cloud Nine hair straighteners, because my hair tends to take after my mum’s Afro style hair and so it’s impossible to maintain, especially with a fringe! My MacBook comes everywhere with me too, so I’ll add that… Music; I’m forever listening to music, and can’t stand not having it when I’m doing things like drying my hair or sitting on a bus cause I’ve been ensuring I listen to it in those situations for years… One last one… I’ll be cute and cliche and say family!
4. If you read books do you prefer a kindle or a physical book, why?
I don’t mind either methods, but I think I prefer a physical book just because it feels more authentic! I’m constantly reading things on screens, so it’s a nice change away!
5. What inspired you to start your blog?
I’ve been blogging on and off for the last 6 years – I used to be a vlogger back in 2011! But I’m from a very small place and peoples’ opinions mattered more to me than my own ambitions, so I would always stop and hide it all. I spent years hoping to become a journalist, but my school offered no real support in that, so I gave up and started studying International Business instead – so this is my way of embracing what I’d always wanted to do!
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years time?
In five years time, I’d like to see myself somewhere other than Scotland. I want to experience a little bit of the world while I’m young! Hopefully working in marketing or something, that’s the plan at least.
In ten years, I’ll be 31, and I’m a bit of a traditionalist… I’d hope to have settled down by then! That seems really young now that I think about it only being ten years away. I’m going to be all about the “I’m not like a regular mom, I’m a cool mom” scene.
7. If you could have any career what would it be?
Journalism! Or working within Radio 1. Another teenage dream that never came true…
8. Who inspires you?
This one’s a little bit deep, but my granny… she moved to West Africa after marrying my grandfather, and ended up returning home years later with two young children in tow. She left everything behind and had to deal with so much at the same time, and yet managed to successfully raise three kids, including my mum. She’s my point of inspiration every time I struggle or feel like the world is working against me! She doesn’t know this, and I really should tell her.
9. 3 things we might not know about you.
I’m running out of these little facts! Hmm… I have a little hip tattoo, and no one ever believes that I have one – I’m not a tattoo person at all! But I have a little heart on my right hip so it means it’s hidden away, and people are always surprised when it’s shown off hahaha
I suppose that whole vlogging thing from before is one? This was back when I’d never heard of Zoella, Alfie Deyes etc… the big vlogger of that time was Charlie McDonnell, and we were going to get married. But I was 14 and gave up after a few months when my school found out and questioned me on what I was doing on YouTube (probably a blessing!)
Can’t think of anything else very much interesting. I’m really uncomfortable around cats!
10. If you had your own business what would it be?
It’s so funny, I study business and yet I don’t really have any interest in starting my own! Though I did used to want to start up an affordable cosmetics line for people with sensitive skin – I couldn’t use drugstore cosmetics as a teenager due to acne and eczema, and it felt so unfair to have to shell out for Bare Minerals and MAC at 12/13 when my friends were getting cheaper things! I think that disappeared as I grew up and everyone else got into these ranges, but it would still be nice to attempt I suppose!
11. If you could one superhero who would it be and why?
I’m not sure if this question is “be” or “meet”, so I’ll answer both hahaha. Not a big superhero fan so I’m not too clued up on this topic, but if I was to be one, it would be Wonder Woman because… well, she’s Wonder Woman. And she’s a goddess at the same time as being a superhero, whaaat. If I could meet one… Superman? But could it be the Henry Cavill version? Fab, cheers. I don’t really have to explain that one; Henry Cavill.
Darcy at DarcyFern
Kayleigh at Kayleigh Zara
Katie at aesthetix katie
Lauren at loulabellerose
Almira at The Little Black Rose
Megan at Megan Beth Blogs
Francesca at Bella Momento
Lisa at Lisa Williams x
Kate at BeautifulMessedUpMinds
Kimberley at Kimberley Jessica
Sarah at Just Buttons
My questions to you:
(We’re going to try and spread a little bit of positivity here BTW, people)
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What’s your all-time favourite season, and why?
3. Name three of your favourite features about yourself (don’t be modest!)
4. Name a time you felt proud of your own achievement
5. If you knew you would succeed, what would you attempt?
6. What’s your favourite comfort food?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
8. Who/what has been the biggest positive influence in your life?
9. What, in your eyes, would make a perfect day?
10. What is your favourite ever film, and why?
11. Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?
Good luck everyone! Look forward to seeing any responses!