This is an ideal post for anyone who’s ever wondered what my favourite book is, how many tattoos I have, and… what my stage name would be as a rapper. All burning questions I’m sure you’ve desperately been seeking the answers to.
I was invited to do the Vogue 73 Questions challenge – blogger style! Big thank you to Imogen from TheImLife for tagging me; check out her answers here! I’ll tag some fellow bloggers to answer the questions themselves at the end of the post.
This is a bit of a long one, so… here we go!
1.What’s your usual Starbucks order?
Depends on the time of year – either a caramel cream frappuccino or a caramel macchiato.
2. What does your workstation look like?
My work station is my bed. I wish it was a clear, inspiring desk… but our house is a lil small.
3. Favourite food?
4. Favourite author?
I never ever read despite being a total book worm growing up, but I’ve always loved Sophie Kinsella.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Props to people who have one and make it work, you do you… but I’m too full of self-doubt to ever be able to handle one!
6. What is your favourite video game?
I played way more video games than I do now. I once had to cancel my Xbox membership because I was living my life through GTA V and not focusing on exams… so GTA V I guess!
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
8. Favourite movie?
9. Favourite book?
Again, I just don’t read any more! I’ve read the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella more times than I’d like to admit though, hence my answer to number 4.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter. This is my tenth year on the site!
11. Desktop or laptop?
Laptop. Though I’d love a desktop!
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
“Shy weans get no sweets” – my boyfriend tells me this all the time and it’s actually true! My mum’s also always full of good advice; too much to list!
13. What project are you working on right now?
My masters project – 5,000 published words and a 20 minute documentary.
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I got six highers, though I could’ve done better. I was more invested in my wee high school relationship… but I got into my university of choice!
16. Dream job?
Being a journalist for Newsbeat on Radio 1.
17. Play any sports?
I used to play football, and I was a cheerleader up until recently.
18. Do you have a degree?
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
I love reading lifestyle posts! I’m a bit nosey so I like to see what people are up to. And beauty!
21. What do you like to collect?
Everything. Anyone who’s ever lived with me will confirm this.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Ambitious, caring, aaand… sleepy.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
I went onto a rapper name generator and it suggested “H.C. Ripper”. So, that.
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
To get this project completed!
26. Sorting house?
I think that’s a Harry Potter thing? I don’t know the houses though!
27. How many tattoos do you have?
One, on my hip.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
My family’s support through my masters. It’s been a stressful year!
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Being accepted for my dream placement! I’m so excited!
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I’ve had a day of chilling out and cuddling my dog.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Dogs. Dogs are the best thing ever.
32. Favourite season?
Spring. Longer evenings and pastel colours are in!
33. Favourite holiday?
Marmaris in 2014. I got into university and it was just the best two weeks <3
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
I used to say Rapunzel (specifically from Tangled) because I felt stuck on my wee island home and wanted to get out to the mainland. Now… I don’t know? Probably still Rapunzel because now I want to get back home! Forever dreaming of being somewhere I’m not.
35. Do you like surprises?
I like them, but I don’t like knowing something is a surprise. I can’t deal with the suspense!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
This is becoming a dog-themed post, but finding out we were getting a dog. It took like 15 years to convince my parents!
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I don’t think I’ve ever cried at a surprise? Sorry, surprise-givers!
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
I remember being about five, and my little brother was like two, and it was my grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary. We travelled to Oban secretly and my parents left us on their doorstep and hid. It was the best because my wee granny was both excited and incredibly confused.
39. Do you like muffins?
40. Do you cook often?
Not really, as much as I’d like to. I’m not very inspired in the kitchen, and my boyfriend’s a good cook so I kind of leave it to him to cook for us.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Chocolate gateau. Or a cheesecake!
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I’m not a big fan of bread and butter pudding… But weirdly I wish I was? I always think I’ll like it and I don’t.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Anything with mushrooms or onions in it.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
We’re big snackers, especially at the weekend… my new thing is sugar snap peas and hummus.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
How to procrastinate your life away and still somehow get through uni. It’s a skill.
48. Best animated film?
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
Anyone who gets on well with dogs impresses me. That’s the bar.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
I always seem to go for drinks? My boyfriend took me for dinner on our first date and I was so nervous I couldn’t eat, then we went for drinks and I was much better, so…
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Order a huge dish in a Chinese restaurant when you’re nervous, as per above.
52. What’s the best pick up line?
There’s a best pick-up line?
53. Best comic book character?
I can’t say I read comic books… Superman?
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Random money-off vouchers, train tickets and loyalty cards. No money!
55. Favourite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
This one’s really hard. The only person I can think of is Flora MacDonald who helped Bonnie Prince Charlie hide… She’s a historical Scottish woman, so I’ll go with that.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
I have no idea – I just buy a random selection out of supermarkets!
59. What lipstick do you use?
Right now it’s a few colours from the NYX Lip Lingerie range.
60. What foundation do you use?
The MAC Studio Fix compact in NC20. With L’Oreal Infallible Total Cover if my skin’s really bad!
61. Blow dry or air dry?
I used to air dry, but I got a Dyson hairdryer for Christmas and it’s changed. my. life.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t really have an icon… I just wear whatever suits me!
63. Favourite Disney character?
Minnie Mouse, mostly because I went through a stage of trying to dress like her…
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Doing some freelance thangs and filming for the documentary.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I remember finding Grown Ups hilarious the first time I watched it… maybe Deadpool?
66. Movie that made you cry?
I cried at Titanic last night, despite seeing it so many times!
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Lewis Capaldi. I often practice for the moment.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Are You Ever Going to Get a Job? I think my dad’s already started writing it.
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
I can’t even think of any!
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
Pep Guardiola. He seems like someone cool to have a chat with over coffee.
72. What country would you like to visit?
I’d love to visit the US, or Italy.
73. Best way to decompress?
Literally just do whatever you want to do. I get stressed out when I even have to go somewhere to chill out – just stay in bed if that’s what you feel like doing!
So, there you go! I don’t know if there’s any subjects we didn’t cover there – you all know enough about me now to become my best friends. Woo hoo!
The people I’m tagging to take part are:
Looking forward to seeing everyone’s answers! xo