HIYA. It’s my 22nd birthday today!
I feel old. So old that I wouldn’t have acknowledged my new age in a post if it weren’t for the fact that I set myself a list of 21 goals for my year of being 21 this time last year. I said that I would revise the list on my 22nd birthday… so here we go!
2. Save up and treat myself to a “luxury” item – I mean, I kind of doubted this one from the start. I fritter away my money too much to save up for something…
7. Spend more time exploring Glasgow on days off (no sleeping till 5pm!) – I’m not quite sleeping till 5am any more… but I definitely haven’t seen enough of the city yet.
9. Watch all the Harry Potter films (I’ve never seen or read anything from the franchise – I’m actually quite reluctant to let this one go) – and I didn’t let it go. The avoidance continues…
10. Visit another country – Gutted that I didn’t get to do this one. Graduation used up all of my summer holidays and I’ve had zero time (or funds) during term time!
11. Attend a concert (I haven’t been to one in months 🙁) – Came very close to it, but didn’t make any this year. Unless you count the individual acts at TRNSMT?
13. Reach 300 followers on the blog
14. Have a night out in a different UK city (Glasgow’s getting old…!) – Shockingly, still haven’t achieved this one. Too much effort…
16. FINALLY try a pumpkin spice latte – I’ve been meaning to do this all month this October!! But still none – and surely that would’ve been the easiest in the list!?
17. Learn a new skill
18. Start and maintain a jar of positive things to have happened in the year – I bought the jar, and then kind of forgot the rest…
19. Take up reading again – Again, bought all the books, just haven’t really given myself time to sit and take the time to read them. I spend my time before bed on Twitter!!
20. Build up knowledge on a specific subject 21. Learn new recipes (and save money on takeaway pizzas)